Plymouth Soccer Club Board Member Job Descriptions
U6 Coordinator Duties
- Is the liaison between the club and the Y coordinator, currently Fred Heuther for all Lakeshore games.
- This person works with our registrar to help the Y get our teams and coaches information to the Y.
- Any issues that occur in Lakeshore or problems in any games are discussed between this position and the Y. If deemed necessary then this position will report to the board what the issue is and if it is not solved the board will make a decision.
- This person will get the schedules for spring and fall seasons and get them to the appropriate people in our club. Game schedules are also on the Y web site.
- Typically meet with the other clubs that play in Lakeshore once yearly as a group at the Falls Y to discuss any changes needed or improvements to Lakeshore.
U6 Coordinator Duties
- Fall- Starting the first Saturday after Labor Day- schedule 6 weeks of games all on Sat at 12:00 at Quit Qui Oc.
- 30 min. practice followed immediately by 30 min. game. Games are 12 min. halves with a short half time break.
- Once finalized email out to coaches and club website coordinator to post on the PSC website
- Spring- End with the last game/ tournament the first Sat. in June or last Sat. in May depending on when Memorial Day is-No games Memorial Day weekend.
- 5 games plus tournament. Tournament is 2-3 games round robin
- Once finalized email out to coaches and club website coordinator to post on the PSC website.
- The club registrar will send a final list of U6 registrations or if you have access to weebly site download them yourself.
- Work with the registrar for the cut-off for late registrations. Late registrations will need to be done by sending forms to parents, not online. Payment will need to be received before child is placed on a team.
- Starting with coach volunteers and their child/ren, add teammate requests.
- Then add even amount of boy/girl ratio to each team, as well as even mix of ages- both 4 and 5 year olds.
- Minimum 8 players/ Max 10 per team, we will make an exemption for 11 players only with coach approval.
- Assign team names from sponsors and shirt colors.
- When rosters are finalized email to coaches- they are responsible for forwarding schedule and contacting their teams.
- Send list of coaches and emails to PSC communications person.
- Work with equipment manager on putting together one ball bag per team: each bag contains 6-7 size 3 balls, variety of cones, pinnies.
- Work with uniform coordinator to order correct color shirts with sponsors printed on them.
- Before each game, goals need to be set up on field and ball bags distributed. You could possibly have the coaches do this themselves.
- Lock box code to get in is 6301. You will need to be at the first game of fall and spring season to hand out team shirts and direct coaches where to go.
- Let treasure know how many kids are playing U6 per season
- Make the call on weather cancellations with help from President/Field coordinator